Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 0

I guess it falls to me to inaugurate this thing.

Golosa is the title of a Russian-language textbook series that, until somewhat recently, was the prominent return on Google alerts for the name. In a veritable blitz over the past year, the choir has come from behind to tie with erotic Mediterranean videos for the top honors. Nevertheless, we share a lexicographical berth.

The first foreign language I studied formally was French, and our textbook, back in eighth grade, was called On y Va!, "Let's Go!" So in my mental book registry, I have a weird neurological connection between "Golosa" and the phrase "Let's go," one that I feel can only prove fruitful.

Raia and I have drunk a bottle of wine between us this evening, and it is resolved that (a) we are the best, man, and (b) this is the right moment for us to be traveling with our music, and I hope the rest of us will find ourselves in that frame of mind even as we wake up before dawn tomorrow, because life and the Internet are in our favor.

Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment